1. Draw up an essay plan
2. The essay plan should list:
- the main points you will cover in order of expected appearance
- the evidence you will be using to support these main points
- the reference details next to the evidence so you do not lose track of the original information source in your writing
3. Essay structure has an Introduction, Body and Conclusion
4. All main points and paragraphs should be supported by evidence found in your reading
5. Conclusion should not raise new points - it is a summary of everything you have written
© BKI 2022.
Bendigo TAFE acknowledges their campuses are located on the ancestral lands of the Djaara people of the Dja Dja Wurrung and the Yorta Yorta People. The institute respects traditional custodians, Elders and their cultural heritage.
Kangan Institute acknowledges their campuses are located on the ancestral lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations. The institute respects traditional custodians, Elders and their cultural heritage.
Images/icons used by BKI under license from Canva ; Microsoft image used with permission ; Book cover images under license from Syndetics